Double European champion Laura Muir
TWO-TIME European indoor champion Laura Muir has sparked a huge rush for tickets for this summer’s IAAF World Championships London 2017 (04-13 August) following her stunning double gold medal win in Belgrade.
Muir pulled off the performances of the European Indoor Championships in Serbia as she claimed the women’s 1500m and 3,000m double. Since tickets officially went back on sale on Wednesday, the most in-demand session is Session 6 on Monday 7 August, which includes the final of the women’s 1500m.
• Organisers confirm ticket most in-demand since returning to on-sale yesterday is Monday evening’s women’s 1500m final
• Fans rush to catch Muir in action at London Stadium after she confirms 1500m and 5,000m double
• Also, 5,346 sales from genuine athletics fans to other genuine athletics fans via the official resale platform
• Tickets for all athletics sessions back on sale and available at https://tickets.london2017athletics.com
Muir could help open and close the IAAF World Championships London 2017 after confirming she’ll do the 1500m and 5,000m double at the London Stadium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, potentially featuring in:
• Session 1 (Friday opening night, 4 August) – Women’s 1500m heats
• Session 3 (Saturday night, 5 August) – Women’s 1500m semi-finals
• Session 6 (Monday night, 7 August) – Women’s 1500m final
• Session 9 (Thursday night, 10 August) – Women’s 5,000m heats
• Session 14 (Sunday closing night, 13 August) – Women’s 5,000m final
Muir said: “I am really looking forward to London and to see that so many people are interested in my events is great for my confidence. I believe my confidence is showing in my performances and I was delighted to come away with two golds at the European Indoor Championships. Doing so many races back to back was great with a view to the IAAF World Championships in London and I can’t wait to put in the hard work and see what I can achieve in front of a massive home crowd.”
Organisers launched the official ticket resale platform for the World Para Athletics and IAAF World Championships London 2017 at the start of the week to ensure those wishing to sell any unwanted tickets could do so with safe and responsible re-selling practices.
The platform has already proved a huge success with 5,346 sales made from genuine athletics fans to other genuine athletics fans since tickets for all sessions across both Championships officially went back on sale at 10am on Wednesday 8 March.
London 2017 Ltd Championship Director Niels de Vos said: “We are delighted at the results coming through following tickets for both the World Para Athletics and IAAF World Championships going back on sale on Wednesday morning. It is great to see interest soar for the women’s 1500m final on Monday 7 August and really pleasing that so many genuine athletics fans are able to buy and sell any unwanted tickets through the official resale platform. We can’t wait for the World Para Athletics Championships to kick off the Summer of World Athletics in just over four months time.”
It is the first time ever that a city has hosted the World Para Athletics and IAAF World Championships in the same summer with 3,000 world-class athletes from more than 200 countries set to compete in 30 sessions across 20 amazing days at the London Stadium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.